Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 15

I have decided to move on from the dual-clock set-up. It worked again this morning, but only because I didn't want two failure in a row! I tried to examine it objectively, and came to the conclusion that realistically, setting two alarms and hiding one of them is not going to be a permanent approach to the problem. It is quite hard to imagine someone doing such a thing for any length of time, and I feel as though it was only really working (until yesterday anyway!) because it was somewhat novel.

I had a good look through my house of quality yesterday, and obviously two strong options emerge from that, i.e. Getting someone to make me get up (parent, girlfriend etc) and filling my mornings with appointments/plans so I simply have to get up.

I know I had originally planned to try wake up calls, and then if they failed, to move on to having a busier schedule, but I think I will change this. The house of Quality shows 2 negatives and 2 positives for enlisting someone's help. On the other hand, it shows 2 positive and just one negative for having a busy morning schedule. For this reason, I'm going to try the schedule tactic starting tomorrow. I have signed up for a class in the gym at 10am tomorrow, so hopefully this new tactic will get off to a good start!

Will report back.